SEARCH FOR A LOCATION, PAINTING, OR ANYTHING ELSE

Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Magic at Thixendale.

July 27th 2026.
I am keeping to my schedule and popping up to Thixendale where I am recording a year in the valley. Here is the latest iPad sketch, the wheat is almost there, ready for combining. I am hoping to be there when it is being carried out but that is a hope rather than an expectation as the timing will be down to the weather conditions. The valley escapes the early morning sun thus retarding stages of growth when compared to nearby areas. For example, the hawthorn blossom was about 4 weeks later than in Beverley.

Below are a couple of paintings from earlier.

Here is a view from early June showing the Hawthorn. Click image to enlarge to see it better. It is a transient moment, easily missed. I imagine the trees looking like Christmas puddings with icing applied and running down the sides.
A morning in February with a group of deer in the field.





No comments: