SEARCH FOR A LOCATION, PAINTING, OR ANYTHING ELSE

Saturday, 18 July 2026

Sun flower arrangement - painting demonstration.


Spent an enjoyable time at Hutton Cranswick this afternoon giving an acrylic demonstration painting flowers, using only the three primary colours plus white. The Hutton Cranswick Art Group are a friendly, supportive group of people who are all generously supportive of each other. The painting featured some sunflowers, gypsophila and fennel ( from my allotment). I also added some dock gone to seed, though on the painting I had to use a little license as the background was a similar colour. This painting has been produced using the primary colours, blue, yellow and red with white also. The flowers sit in a Kilner type jar which is also a feature of the painting which reminds us to look at the colours. The exercise took 2 hours, including a break for tea, so I used large brushes facilitating quick results.
  Was delighted with the groups work presented as watercolours and acrylic. Well done everyone.

No comments: