Search This Blog

Thursday 23 November 2023

Rutted field and water near South Dalton.


 I had taken George for a walk and saw a red kite fighting a strong westerly as I passed this field. Turned off and set up the easel using the car as a windbreak. I could see the spire of St. Mary’s at South Dalton emerging from the sunlit tree line of Small Thorns Plantation, with Gabbetis’s Plantation on the left. This is a painting reflecting the need to get on the land and get planting. It shows heavy ruts and tyre marks with water filled rows. The weather has been very wet. Today is the 23rd November, and soon peoples thoughts will turn to Christmas preparations, entertainment and meeting old friends. This painting is simple, I have tried to capture the essential essence of the season, there is little to see at this time and I will return in the spring and high summer to capture the progress of the field. This is a plein air painting, 12x10 inch, oil on canvas board.

Available from my online store.

***********************************************************

2024 Calendars now available here.

My sketchbook is also available here






No comments: