Search This Blog

Friday 24 November 2023

Near alligator pond at South Dalton.


Around the bend is the pond at South Dalton, the pond where the alligator resides. The pond also provides a home for geese and ducks. At this time, thankfully, the road on the bend was empty, usually in the summer, ducks will sit on the warm tarmac and cause the unwary driver to pull up quickly. Today is late November, the trees mostly bare, have deposited their golden leaves on the ground. The spire of St. Mary’s church bisects the view. The colours are autumnal, some ivy and coniferous trees sport dull, dark weathered greens and the occasional late hanging leaf sparkles gold and bronze. As I worked the noise of a machine made me glance across and I saw a tractor with a hedge trimming head. The driver was working hard tidying up the hedges around the fields. As I was finishing he came closer and stopped. When he saw I had packed my things away he began working the hedge near me waving as he passed. I have noticed this simple act of consideration before when hedgers stop to let you pass, thus avoiding flying thorn branches.

12x10 inch original oil on canvas board.

Available here
 Also, below two items for Christmas presents perhaps. Video links to both items from my blog front page.


***********************************************************

2024 Calendars now available here.

My sketchbook is also available here

No comments: