Search This Blog

Monday 23 December 2019

Cherry Burton..


After a coffee with a good friend, I explored the South Dalton area. walked George at Etton and then stopped as I entered Cherry Burton when I saw this view. My interest primary interest being the trees and then the added bonus of spotting the Church tower. I used an old fountain pen which really needed a refill which made lines drawing a little scratchy at times. This sketch was also a little rushed as I only had twenty minutes of light left. I was sad to see that the Light Dragoon at Etton was closed, indeed it was very much 'secured' with metal fastenings fixed to doors and windows. I hope it has a future, indeed there are signs mentioning that it provides an opportunity to run your own pub. Coming back to the sketch, it is a view I will paint properly with my easel later, maybe just after Christmas, if the weather is good.

No comments: