Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Hornsea Plein air art session at Hornsea Mere.

Pen and ink sketch with watercolour wash
I did this sketch some years ago, but it seems like yesterday. Visiting today was a delight. Lots of artists from the Hornsea Art Society were taking part in a competition and were to be judged by Sky landscape artist of the year Tom Voyce. I gather that Tom gave the participants some guidance first and the event was organised to run from 12 noon until 4pm. I walked from one artist to another and saw a couple of people I knew and we talked about the day, the windy conditions and the various views that they were painting. At 4pm the work was gathered in and judged by Tom and another local artist. Having seen the group working it made me feel as if I would enjoy painting as a member of a large en plein air group. Anyway, well done everyone who took part, it was a lovely atmosphere.

No comments: