Search This Blog

Saturday 2 March 2013

English Springs cottages - south of Beverley (2) Plein air pochade - Water Vole and .. kingfisher, very lucky.

Plein air pochade box 12 x 10. English Springs cottages
I am using water mixable oils paints and after setting up realised I had mot brought any water. Eventually I found a local stream and was thrilled to see my first water vole of the season and, when climbing down the bank of the stream I saw the iridescent blue flash of a kingfisher as it flew past just above the surface of the water. So, a great start. This is a really quick painting of the cottages at English Springs, south of Beverley similar to the previous painting yet from a different viewpoint. Earlier, in Beverley we saw an ex colleague and her husband - so if you are viewing the blog - hope you enjoy this one.
Happy painting.

No comments: