This is one of three quickly painted scenes on canvas boards. I had prepared all of the boards with Michael Harding Pozzuoli transparent acrylic ground. Then I used a ‘Sharpie’ pen and sketched a necessarily simplistic drawing. I added acrylic paint, at the venue, using a largish number 8 flat hog. I wanted the paintings to be freer than my usual detailed work. I saw a trailer park and drop off some people who turned out to be beaters. All but one climbed the steep hillside before spacing out in a line. Birds were driven towards the road where a man stood with a cerise flag. As the birds dropped down the hillside he waved his flag forcing the birds to fly higher over the road. Then I heard the guns responding. On the road a group of phlegmatic grouse searched for food.
Click image to see a short video. Your chance to have your own copy


No comments:
Post a Comment