The view reflects the late summer, early autumn time. Crops have long since been harvested and mountains of straw bales can still be seen waiting to be stored. I love the field linearity on this view. In the foreground, alongside the road, the verges are full of wild plants. Umbel seed heads rise above the vegetation and jump into the painting. This was done very quickly on a 14x 10 inch canvas board. I had said that I would try and get to the Hutton Cranswick Art group to see everyone as they were celebrating someone’s special birthday. The offer of cake and tea prompted a quick finish and I arrived at the group at about 2.30pm. Balloons were pinned up and cake was indeed provided with a ‘nice cup of tea’. I chatted to members about this and that and stayed until everyone left. It is a friendly mutually supportive group who are fundamentally optimistic about their art. A good group to consider joining. This view is one David Hockney would have known well. He probably has painted it. I will return soon and repeat the painting. Perhaps to include Tuft Hill Farm which is slightly to the right of this view.
Available, email for details.
Books for sale from £20, email me if you would like one.


No comments:
Post a Comment