Search This Blog

Monday 30 September 2024

Beverley Minster, a sketching experiment.


 


Above are a couple of experiments.
I have used a permanent marker to draw directly onto canvas boards, apply an acrylic transparent ground and then colour using Windsor and Newton professional acrylic paints. I focussed on floral arrangements within Beverley Minster and enjoyed the tranquility and shelter of being inside a building with so much history. As a teacher at Beverley Grammar School I spent many hours inside this church, our school church to which we are linked. Services such as Speech Day, Carol Services and, sadly funeral services. The Minster and BGS share foundation dates of 704AD. I have been privileged to be a small part of this shared history.
For my art friends I would encourage you to try this method. Canvas boards are an affordable medium and using a permanent marker will concentrate your mind. Also, remember, that if you are worried about making mistakes that these can be rectified using the acrylic paints. I found that using the W+N Professional series of acrylics, available online from Bromley Art Supplies are opaque enough to cover the permanent marker lines. So there is nothing to worry about regarding wasting a canvas. Good luck, if you need any help, message me.







No comments: