Search This Blog

Monday 8 July 2024

Loaningdale Junction early July 2024, incl. animation from winter to mid summer.

14 x 10 inch oil on canvas board

Loaningdale junction, a late afternoon decision to take advantage of better weather, still rather cool for this time of the year but the main point being that it was not raining. The verges are very tall with grasses bending their full ripening seedheads. The grasses are varied, differently arranged seed-heads as well as different heights being the obvious features. I need to know more about grasses, I like the Yorkshire Fog, which I guess must be one of them here. The tree greens are much darker now than they were in spring. Umbels float over the grasses, lower, in the jungle of grass stems, with seeds forming are  pig nuts looking almost crimson. I spotted some buttercups also fighting to survive deep in the grass. Though not evident here, nearby are huge colonies of cranesbill which  create beautifully delicate blue ‘skies’. 

As I painted cars, vans,  tractors and wagons passed by. A car stopped and I remember an elevated storage building surrounded by D’s neatly cut verges. The driver and I were pleased to chat recalling a previous meeting. So, if you are reading this, say hi to the children.

I have produced an iPad video drawing of these trees which transport you from Winter to early summer YOU CAN SEE IT HERE

This original, one off painting is for sale in my online shop.

Detail

Detail 2

Detail 3

Set-up showing pochade box on tripod with supporting chair (;o)..

Detail 4

Sky detail.

 ********************************

Books

No comments: