Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 September 2021

Shetlands above Warter..Yorkshire Wolds.

 

 

 


Saturday 4th September 2021

Another day
Another way
Rulley time
As fields shine.
 
From Middleton on the Wolds, an exploration!
Travelling slowly along Warter road I occasionally stopped and looked at the views of rolling golden fields. In some, circular bales waited to be stored, and I thought how aesthetic they looked, when compared to sileage, collected earlier dressed in airtight black plastic.
Though on close inspection even these bales needed plastic string or netting to retain their form.
Elsewhere, huge cubes were being collected and stored to look like mini pyramids, some precariously balanced, waiting for their rulley’s ’ to arrive and be loaded.
The golden stubble so uplifting told of busy industry. I moved on, along the Loaningdale Road before dropping off t owards Warter. The hedges,  loaded with red berries sheltered skeletal tall umbrals,  some hanging on to their seed, blanched autumnal grasses below.
Seeing this view I stopped.
Standing on the edge of the field, wire netting strung across the entrance I could see Moss Hill Wood, the flanks of Great Dug Dale beyond, to my left , white washed buildings appeared to be nestling below rising fields. This would do. I took my coat off so George could lay on it as I began to paint. Vocal pheasants and partridge strutted about on the dusty tracks. Overhead, as I was finishing a silent red kite visited, it’s pale head constantly scanning, wings seemingly still, forked tail twitching and twisting, then it was gone. I finished and took George for a walk, returning to the car a couple appeared walking up the road towards me. It seemed strange, incongruous, they must have walked along the road from Warter, some way off, they were walking dogs, two beautifully groomed Shetland Collies.

Another day
Another way,
Shetlands walk above
Warter.

Plein air, oil on canvas, 12x10 inch, price, details etc...please email me.

Follow me here for new posts, including calendar, soon to arrive.
 

 

 

No comments: