Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 February 2015

St Mary's Church, Beverley from the Westwood on a cold February day

Watercolour sketch 22x15"

Actually I did this on the 18th February 2015, similar view to the previous blog picture though from slightly further away. Like the previous picture I did the sketch in situ but it was both too cold and windy to complete and so I added colour at home. I much prefer to add the colour at the site, however I know this view so well that I know the colours are faithful. I am experimenting with making cards of some of my work and this picture will be used as a test. Occasionally walkers would pass, well wrapped up against the weather heading for the town. Apart from some rooks and crows and the occasional gull there was little evidence of bird life. Actually, the view from here later in the spring is a riot of bright yellow as the buttercups are in flower, another target to paint.
H A P P Y   P A I N T I N G

No comments: