Search This Blog

Sunday 30 June 2013

Beverley Minster from near OLD FARM off Shepherd Lane, Beverley, East Yorkshire

Beverley Minster from Shepherd Lane - plein air 20 x 16"
Well, after some consideration and reflection I decided to revisit the site from previous post and to carry on where I left off. Interesting point here for fellow plein air artists is to try to finish the work in one visit. Today I looked for the red poppy but it had gone. It had only been 4 days ago when I last visited. I tried to rush this yet nevertheless needed to stop prematurely ... again. however that will be enough, it is complete ..enough. As we approached an explosion of sound heralded the eruption of three pheasants, two female and one male. They waited until we were almost on top of them when they took off, vertically at first, then away from us. Saw goldfinches on the way home.
By the way thank you all for wishing me a happy birthday last Friday ( 28th June )
Happy painting

No comments: