Search This Blog

Thursday 7 March 2013

Skidby Mill, East Yorkshire



The recent weather locally has been cold, damp and grey thus limiting painting opportunities. Whilst out late afternoon we decided to stop for a coffee at the excellent Millhouse restaurant in Skidby. As I had the pochade box with me I thought I would try to paint before coffee. Here is a very quick painting showing Skidby Mill. As I painted the only people I saw were two lady dog walkers with, I think, a beautiful English Setter, using the path from Gallows Hill. For those unfamiliar with this attraction it is a working mill owned by the local authority well worth a visit. The painting above obviously reflects my haste in working on it. It is poorly detailed but nevertheless a good exercise which I will do when it is a) warmer and b) I have more time.
Happy painting.


No comments: