Search This Blog

Thursday 28 February 2013

Beverley from the south. Tree clearing for bypass started

12 x 10 oil on canvas board
Bitterly cold had to stop sooner than I wanted ( I was hoping to do another painting ) due to the cold weather. It was actually bright sun behind me yet the damp cold air and just enough wind made my hands very cold. Had difficulty opening oil tubes even!. The bright weather was good for walkers and several passed me as I was nearing the end. The sad thing today was to witness the clearing of trees to make way for the bypass. The blue and white indicating the location of the contractors - already a gap forming. The bypass will create a massive embankment for the crossing of both Long Lane and the railway so this view will be severely compromised.
Happy painting

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like your work so I decided to "subscribe", whatever that means. I'm not very tech- savvy.