Search This Blog

Sunday 20 January 2013

Shepherd Lane, Beverley SNOW scene

20 x 16" canvas plein air
Very dull, cold day. This view is similar to one done earlier though from a different viewpoint. The winter snow grips the land and more snow is on the way. This impression done quickly will be a reminder for me, later in the year, of how the weather can alter a view. I was hoping for a glimpse of the sun but that was wishful thinking - it would have been nice to suggest sunlight I think. I was getting anxious when doing this, I was well wrapped up and wearing my insulated snow boots and seemed warm enough. After an hour painting the temperature started to drop quickly and so I decided to pack up quickly and head for home and a warm drink. I was thinking of a dear recently departed friend Eric, whilst painting this.

No comments: