On my way back from Burton Agnes Hall ( third trip to paint the final panel of a triptych) I diverted to Beswick. Some time ago I visited and sketched Beswick Hall on an iPad which is opposite the church. Short animation here. Emerging from the old Blacksmiths workshop, now a converted home, a shaft of sunlight light lit the far end of the street. I took a stroll along the Main Street, now bypassed, fallen apples spilled onto the road remaining unsquashed.. A woman walked along the empty road pushing a wheelchair. The occupant enjoying the fresh air and talking to his .. wife? They turned around at the church and walked back towards Laurel House Farm. I wanted to try a quick sketch, the idea being to use a Sharpie pen. This resulted in a simple sketch on a canvas board previously treated with an acrylic ground. Back home I applied another acrylic transparent ground. This would be insurance against the Sharpie’s aggressive ink creeping into the painting. Next I added acrylic colour. To help me remember the colours I added copious notes to the reverse of the board before setting off for home.
Some of my art books for you to consider are shown below.
Art books featuring the Yorkshire Wolds ( Low and High) full of paintings done at various venues. Video here of the HIGH WOLDS book. Other books feature panoramic sketching using a concertina sketchbook, a Yorkshire sketchbook and how to paint plein air and make your own painting box.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for viewing, please leave a comment.