Travelled to this place again, recently wild angry skies dominated. Today we have a short break in the weather, a storm is coming. I decided to paint the same view and found that standing at the paintbox (pochade box) evidence of recent fieldwork spreading manure meant both flies and a strong odour combined to make the situation challenging. As I painted FSD with L, walked towards Burn Butts Farm, the conditions proving too much for FSD to paint. I carried on, finding myself thinking about the issues plein air painters have to endure. Though this is a quiet, narrow road I was surprised to see quite a few cars drive past. Some were small saloons but most were larger and associated with farming ( Land Rover models).
14x10 inch oil on canvas, price on application.
Books written by me featuring how to paint plein air. They contain many landscape views which will be of interest to Wolds walkers. Details from me, please email me for more information.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for viewing, please leave a comment.