Search This Blog

Sunday 21 April 2019

Thixen Dale, an outing with another artist.



This was a late afternoon sketch done quickly, as a cold wind blew through the valley. I was with an artist from Vancouver who was over here en-route to the Lake District. She had brought along her Guerrilla pochade box and was trying it for, I think the first time. As we painted a gig and trap appeared, a beautiful white pony in harness. It stopped and I chatted to the man about this and that, but in particular the four beautiful horses alongside us. They were point to point horses and even perhaps proper race horses. Their trimmed coats revealed the shapes of saddles suggesting recent action. As I painted the view, some sheep appeared. This is a 12 x 10 sketch, and as I say was a very quick effort but it turned out well.

No comments: