Search This Blog

Friday 4 January 2019

Beverley woodland, a fallen silver birch.


This picture shows a fallen silver birch tree in Burton Bushes, Beverley. It is sad to see so many trees damaged. In places, huge trees have been blown over and can be seen, sometimes propped up by a neighbouring tree of the same species. As I am reading Peter Wohlleben's book, my thoughts begin to conjecture that this could be another survival strategy. Perhaps he mentions the possibility later in the book. I have simplified this painting a little but it has worked out I think. If you live near Burton Bushes it may be interesting to see if you can identify the various locations from which I created these pictures. Now, there's a challenge.
Happy painting.

1 comment:

Trudi said...

It's such an awful shame to see so many of the branches broken off, to make numerous dens. Not wishing to stem the fun of those that have made them, but so many trees? Mostly near York Rd entrance to the bushes. 😟