Image JG with links
1 Walled Gardens
2 The Yorkshire Wolds
3 The Westwood, Beverley
My Youtube channel
- Dementia - a personal view using art.
- Large A2 PRINTS
- Wassand Hall walled garden plus other views.
- Castle Howard, various views including walled gard...
- Beverley Minster, inside, print
- Minster views
- Old links to automata.
- Some cartoons
- Cards index.
- Exhibition 2016 Cataloge
- Exhibition - May 2016.
- 2015 Exhibition, Burton Bushes Wood, catalogue
- 2015 Exhibition, Video tour of Burton Bushes Wood
- Dementia - an impression
- Make a tall rocket from A4 printed sheets
- 2018 Calendar
- Pictures from 2012
- Allotment view.
- Lake District Sketchbook
- A year in a Beverley Wood
- My Twitter page
- My Facebook page
- My YouTube channel
- 2019 calendar details of views.
Tuesday, 1 May 2018
Looking towards Holme Wold, South Dalton.
Oil on canvas 12 x 10 inch.
Late afternoon looking over fields with bright yellow oil seed rape starting to bloom. The distant call of a Peewit (Lapwing) made me smile. I remember seeing huge flicks of these birds, with their broad blunt wings, and recall, how during the flying display of the male bird, the dramatic, sudden tumbling dive towards the ground was a wonder to see. This view is looking towards a hidden Holme Wold House with St. Mary's spire at South Dalton in the distance. The wind made the canvas flap a little which is another hazard of painting outdoors, as well as causing small harvest flies to get stuck to the canvas. Behind me was an intriguing, deep little valley. When I peered into it I saw lots of fine red cattle with calves. They found their way to the gate beside me and became very inquisitive.
Fortunately the H U G E bull remained at the bottom of the valley. Behind me also, to my left was another farm Wold House Farm, a future subject.
Uploaded by John Geekie at May 01, 2018