Image JG with links
1 Walled Gardens
2 The Yorkshire Wolds
3 The Westwood, Beverley
My Youtube channel
- Large A2 PRINTS
- Wassand Hall walled garden plus other views.
- Castle Howard, various views including walled gard...
- Beverley Minster, inside, print
- Minster views
- Old links to automata.
- Some cartoons
- Cards index.
- Exhibition 2016 Cataloge
- Exhibition - May 2016.
- 2015 Exhibition, Burton Bushes Wood, catalogue
- 2015 Exhibition, Video tour of Burton Bushes Wood
- Dementia - an impression
- Make a tall rocket from A4 printed sheets
- 2018 Calendar
- Dementia - a personal view using art.
- Pictures from 2012
- Allotment view.
- Lake District Sketchbook
- A year in a Beverley Wood
- My Twitter page
- My Facebook page
- My YouTube channel
- 2019 Calendar £10 incl P+P
Thursday, 17 May 2018
Lair Hill House, on the Middleton-on-the-Wolds road, near Holme-on-the-Wolds.
A cool day, though not a bad as yesterday when we had an artic wind... in mid May!
So, out again. Not too far, near Holme on the Moor, on the Middleton on the Wolds road, passing hedges full of cow parsley, campion, buttercups, cowslips and trimmed hawthorn hedges with fresh reddish growth sprouting into life. Yellowhammers are numerous and I think I saw a cuckoo flying along a low hedge in a strange undulating flight as I approached it flipped over the hedge and out of sight, is it too early? Perhaps not, even the swifts are here now,
This view, good for my art students, is looking up at Lair Hill House. It is beautifully situated with lots of interesting outbuildings and surrounded by a protective bank of trees. As I painted lots of huge vehicles passed by, massive tractors with raised rolling gear and agricultural bulk carriers. All courteously slowing down as they passed. A beautiful day.
Uploaded by John Geekie at May 17, 2018