Search This Blog

Saturday 13 August 2016

Wassand Hall, the white border.

Plein air 12 x 10 inch oil on canvas.
August 11th 2016.
We travelled to Wassand Hall as I wanted to attempt to paint the white border, to include, in particular the huge poppy type flower. I will post the exact name later but believe it to be a variety of a Californian poppy (probably Romneya coulteri). On the day I could only block in the colour, the wall position and the path. The large white areas were also added, this took about fifteen minutes, when I had to suddenly cease painting and return to Beverley. So, with the scene in my mind I finished this at home, quickly and without the deep detail I usually include. Wassand is open for the last time at the end of the month and it will be worth a trip just to see this border. I hope to have this in my autumn exhibition.
Happy painting.

No comments: