Header description


EMAIL

             

Modal Example

 
MORE EXHIBITIONS PLANNED
3 - Herbacious borders in walled gardens, a series of plein air paintings from Castle Howard, Wassand Hall, Sledmere House and Helmsley.
4 - Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire, watercolours and plein air oil.
5 - The Westwood, B E V E R L E Y, a series of plein air paintings, oil and watercolour, featuring Black Mill and Beverley Minster.
PLEASE KEEP CHECKING THIS SITE. See below for details of exhibitions.
Previous exhibitions.
1- 2015 A Year in Burton Bushes. An exhibition showing plein air oil paintings, to be added to in the future with pen and ink and watercolour work.
2 - 2016 Beverley from the south before the Southern Relief Road was constructed. This collection of plein air oil paintings significantly recorded the quiet beauty of the area which contained many fine views of Beverley Minster, views seen since 1220 when the present church was rebuilt.<
COMMISSIONS - contact me here

CHECK OUT MY A3 PRINTS TO FIND THE BLUEBELL PAINTING FROM BEVERLEY'S BURTON BUSHES..


MAKE YOUR OWN MOVING MODELS, FROM DRAGONS TO DOGS - SEE MY AUTOMATA FOR MORE INFORMATION .


                 
 
 


   
EMAIL

Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Beverley Minster

Pen and ink sketch, 17 inches by 12 inches.


This is an old sketch I did some time ago on a pen and ink sketch board which a friend passed on to me. The paper is glued to a stiff board which, as well as keeping the paper flat when colour washing, means that it is simply easy to hold when sketching.
I remember setting off on my old Moulton bicycle and stopping near a tall old brick wall, off Keldgate. I propped up the bike and set about sketching. The challenge, well there are several really, is to get the Minster detail correct. Indeed the detail at this end, the west end is a little challenging to get right but I am pleased with how it came out. I have never added paint to this sketch and after initially pencil shading, I have in fact cleaned it up by carefully removing most of the shading. As I was finishing off a chorus of jackdaws made me look up, the jackdaws were dancing in the air around the two towers and so I quickly added them to the picture. I am not sure they remain as recently a pair of peregrine falcons have nested on one of the towers.

Original for sale, £50.

Just to add, we have peregrine falcons nesting on the south tower, I saw some them recently, July 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments here