Search This Blog

Friday 9 October 2015

North Yorkshire Moors, England. FOR SALE.

Plein air acrylic on canvas, 24 x 24 inch - produced approx. 1995.
It has been a long time since I saw this.
It is a view of Spaunton Moor accessed by walking from the village of Lastingham.
I had a new easel, actually my first easel, and wanted to paint a slightly abstract moorland picture. I wanted to capture the vastness, the huge skies, the power, the forbidding nature of the moor. Also the colour and hidden mystery of the heather bound hills. Under foot, as the weather was warm, we needed to be aware of adders (snakes) whose venom is highly toxic. We wore walking boots to tramp across the moor, feeling they also offered protection against a disturbed adder. I set up the easel, my portable folding stool and began painting. I was using quick drying acrylic, initially applying paint with an palette knife. Later, brushwork and some splatter produced more detail. The overall effect is to produce a rich, dark impression of the ground with unexpected colour detail, a sense of solidity tempting the eye to explore the distant horizon.It is difficult to appreciate this so I have included some detail pictures.
I love this picture but I need to start clearing out my old stock and so I am offering this for sale.

Price £250. ( SOLD )


I can deliver anywhere in Yorkshire.
For other destinations please enquire.









No comments: