Search This Blog

Thursday 6 February 2014

The Willow Lane Sentinel - prior to development February 2014

Plein air oil on canvas 12 x 10 " The Sentinel "
For sale £90 email me  here


After aborting an earlier plein air painting  due to high winds and the cold weather, thought I would pop down to Willow Lane and paint the "Sentinel". This particular view shows Beverley Minster in the background, it is a view ultimately doomed to disappear as housing is planned on the land behind. This is the first attempt to paint since we lost our dearly loved, wonderful companion Georgie our briard. Heartbreakingly, she became ill and did not respond to treatment. I have not felt like painting for a while and going down Willow Lane brought back memories of walking with Georgie. We miss her so much. It was good to see familiar faces walking their dogs and reminding us that life goes on.

Soundtrack and song here

H A P P Y  P A I N T I N G

Detail 1




Detail 2

No comments: