Search This Blog

Monday 7 October 2013

Autumn ( fall ) colours developing quickly now, this view twixt Etton and South Dalton

Framed plein air 12 x 10 oil on canvas
This view indicates the ongoing  autumn colours. A little early yet, nevertheless indications suggest it will be a good year - providing the wind does'nt blow too hard. This is a very quiet lane leading to the main Beverley to Malton road. A sheep appeared in the field over the gate as leaves suddenly began to drift down. It was a special moment as they settled around me and on me, even landing on the canvas!! Painted this a little loosely as it needed to be done quickly - seems a long time since my last painting so I am pleased with this. I am currently busy making  plein air boxes having almost finished them I will aim to be more productive.
H A P P Y  P A I N T I N G

Detail

No comments: