Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Beverley from near the Golf Club 2

details later Oil plein air 12 x 10" board


Showing the pre-framed painting before removing protective tape.
Lovely summer early evening view of Beverley Minster from the Westwood. Biting insects made this a little uncomfortable, especially when wearing shorts!
This is a smaller plein air painting on canvas board pre-framed. Maybe I could have worked it up a little more but those pesky insects were determined, so I decided to stop. Sometimes it is good to stop and not overwork. Perhaps you are not happy with some aspect, however, remember it is an IMPRESSION of a moment in time. As an artist you will remember the weather, the sounds, the little extas that others miss. This is why I love my originals - they become a memoir, a diary of the time.
H A P P Y  P A I N T I N G
As an afterthought perhaps some of my followers would like to know that I am donating two framed prints of original pictures for auction / raffle prizes, for the Beverley Carnival. Please support this worthy event which raises money for the disadvantaged youth.

No comments: