Search This Blog

Sunday 6 January 2013

Large tree off Long Lane, Beverley - plein air

Need to finish some detail but pretty well completed plein air.
That is better, just back from the coffee shop via a quick pop in to the Minster, where we saw two friends'. I could leave this as it is, though feel inclined to detail the fine branches on the tree later. I guess I will think about it and see. This is another 20 x 16 inch oil on canvas board. It is looking back towards Long Lane , down a track which leads to a crossing point on the railway line - which is just behind me. Lots of water at this end of the track which I have "suggested" on the bottom right. The day started off fine and clear but soon became cold and hazy The cold was very penetrating  making my hands suffer.
Happy painting.

No comments: