Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Willow Lane, Beverley about the halfway point

Detail of almost complete plein air painting - a little detail to add. Oil on canvas 20 x 16.
SOLD


Popped over to Burton Bushes for 9.30am but decided to return to Willow Lane instead. I wanted to paint today as it is an awful forecast ( heavy rain ) for the next two days. I was pleased with the scene - near the five bar metal gate, as it includes an old willow stump, the stream and Beverley Minster in the distance. I wanted to try and suggest the lovely fresh green of the newly grown water weed in the stream. The stream has recovered well after a period of drought. I was surprised to see only one person, someone with excellent taste however, as I packed up. The sun caused a few problems with changing shadows and highlights although subsequent light cloud produced a stable scene to work on. Hope you like the picture.

Sounds here

No comments: