Search This Blog

Thursday 19 September 2019

Staithes Art Festival, a late afternoon visit.

Saturday 7th September 2019.

I decided rather late, to set off to visit Staithes. An artist friend was exhibiting and we briefly met up before I set off to try a painting. It was late afternoon and the sun was out, though a strong gusty, cold wind blew in from the sea. I walked onto the beach and sought shelter from the wind under the crumbling cliffs to the south. Then I spotted a more secluded spot near some the access to the breakwater. It was in the shade and I was looking towards the sun. This made "seeing" the colours a little difficult at times, however, my pochade box helped a little as I painted onto the canvas. The harbour sands were wet and the tide was coming in. I met several interested people and enjoyed talking about various things..... BUT NOT BREXIT !!!
I realise that I have another couple of paintings of the coastline nearby and am thinking now that I should build up a few more and have a coastline themed exhibition. It's an idea.
Hope you like it.
I have started to take students out for some plein air painting, on a one to one basis which is working well. I provide all the materials for this, if interested send me an email.

No comments: