Search This Blog

Friday 12 April 2019

Holmedale Farm from the bottom of Hugill Dale.

I had one 12x10 inch canvas left.
What to do?
Decided to keep it local and did this view. It is from the roadside verge looking up to Holmedale Farm sitting on top of Holme Dale. Very soon now the trees will be greening up, there are hints of this happening now, when the sun highlights the trees, lots of subtle shades can be seen. As I painted the road remained quiet except for the occasional movements of huge farm machinery. The elevated driver waving as he passed and making feel part of another world.
After having coffee at the Pipe and Glass and walking George through Dalton Park, I set off for home. I suddenly remembered that I had put the phone on the car roof and stopped...gently. But it had fallen off. I retraced my route looking in the vain hope of finding it but was unsuccessful. Anyway, not the end of the world. A lesson learnt.

No comments: