Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Another January picture of a Beverley woodland.


The wood is really interesting at the moment. Lots of light is getting through the denuded canopy. When walking through the wood many venerable oaks stand quiet sentinel in their aged locations. The replenishment of the oaks seems fragile as holly seems to choke lots of the forest floor. While I have seen many examples of beech saplings, and, of course holly, the oak remains elusive. I hope my perception is wrong and that the wood knows best. Here is an oak which is quite healthy. The leaves that can be seen, however, are of holly. I liked the way the oak stands out against the sunlit background here. Though I have been working in oils recently, this is, in fact, acrylic on canvas and measure 24 x 18 inch. I intend to exhibit these newer paintings alongside my 2014 paintings of the wood, ( A year in Burton Bushes ) in the near future. This time they will be for sale. In 2015 when I last exhibited it was a "Not for Sale" exhibition. And even now I think I will be sad to see the collection broken. Anyway, hope you like the picture, please subscribe to get notifications.

No comments: