Search This Blog

Sunday 16 September 2018

Pochade box demonstration piece.


This is a painting I did last Friday at the Hornsea Art Society. It was the first time I have given a demonstration and I was a little anxious. However the members of the Society were very welcoming and enthusiastic and I enjoyed the experience. I rushed it a little at the end and was not quite content with the finished detail, so, unusually I worked on it a little more at home. For the members there on the night I wanted to show you how I can get some indication of detail using the end of the handle of the paint brush. Rather like Aboriginal art, I often dip the handle end into the paint which I then apply to the canvas. Thanks to everyone at Hornsea A.S. for making me so welcome and good luck with your painting.

No comments: