Search This Blog

Monday 17 September 2018

Pictures to download and add colour.

 I popped out today and pootled around without anywhere specific to visit. I headed home and stopped a couple of times to walk George and, at the same time, do a quick pen and ink sketch. I want to share these with you. I have uploaded the at a higher resolution which means you can download a good sized image, print it off and have a go at colouring them in. Pencil crayons would work well I guess, though a very thin dry...ish wash may work. Or of course you could reproduce on watercolour paper. Have a go!

 Near Middleton on the Wolds



Heading towards North Newbald from Huggate.

I thought perhaps you may like to see the simple watercolour wash I have just done to each of them.
These are very simple pen sketches done very quickly but I always kind off like them. Using ink to get the idea of shade is always interesting and then to add a colour wash is very satisfying.


 The cottage roof is too dark here, needs to be a little more orange coloured.



No comments: