Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 May 2018

Above Helperthorpe near Weaverthorpe, Yorkshire Wolds.

Travelling a little further, on a hot, still day, I arrived at Sledmere House. I thought I would see how the walled garden is progressing. The head gardener Andy, is making the walled garden look rather special, full of colour and interest. I have produced a few pictures here, at Sledmere, for my "Walled Garden" exhibition, one which I postponed as my priority was to look after D'reen. When it happens, it will be a reminder of our trips to various gardens such as Castle Howard and the beautiful Wassand Hall ( open this weekend), try and visit if you can. Okay enough of that, Sledmere was too busy, the car park full, they were having a dog event day, and so I headed north. Here is a view I spotted looking down from the village of Weaverthorpe. The road, north of the village passes the church situated above the village. This view is actually looking down on Helperthorpe with a suggestion of chimney smoke.
I parked on a neat grass verge, rather too exposed and wondered if I could 'fit it all in'. I did most of it there but have to admit I added some detail later. This was done on the 13th of May when the oil seed rape was shouting out, "look at me". Now, it is turning, and looking greener, before long it will look ugly and dark indicating it will be ready for collecting in. I liked the active sky. It changed conveniently slowly and I rather like trying to capture the movement. Hope you like it.
To AT, I am glad you enjoyed your plein air adventure.

No comments: