Search This Blog

Monday 16 April 2018

South Dalton, looking at St. Mary's Church.

12 x 10 oil on canvas
Hi everyone, I set out mid afternoon to finish this painting as the weather was sunny and I thought it would be nice to paint in the warmth of of a spring day. I had thought about not doing this view but as I looked I saw various points of interest including two distant horses. The large beech tree provides good framing and, in the end, I like it. It is a view which is probably more interesting to paint at this time before the greenery develops on the tree. At the moment painting, though a joy, is also a little challenging and I hope, as time passes, it will be easier.
A cheerful sight of a bright yellow, yellowhammer, made me smile as i packed up....'a little bit of bread and nooooo..... cheeeeeese"
Hope you like it.

No comments: