Search This Blog

Thursday 12 April 2018

South Dalton and a red kite.

12 x 10 oil on canvas
After seeing friends in Beverley, I drove out in the late afternoon, to South Dalton. I pulled up and saw this view of the distant St. Mary's church, across bare fields. I liked the way the tree framed the spire of the church. In front of me were pools of water after all the rain we have had, even today was misty in the early morning and only improved slightly. The cold became penetrating and with my hands freezing I packed up and headed for the Pipe and Glass for a coffee. I had a lovely chat and sat near the fire to thaw out. On leaving, I looked up and saw a magnificent red kite circling lazily on outstretched wings, it's forked tail being just evident. I have kept this painting quite loose and not over worked it.

No comments: