Search This Blog

Monday 26 March 2018

A road to Middleton on the wolds.


It was a lovely day today and after some essential jobs, I decided, quite late, to try another sketch. I found myself on the road to Middleton, and saw this view. I set up the pochade box and after a short while met a local farmer. Very interesting chat about past weather. He could remember the winter of 1947 when he walked on snow which had settled at telegraph pole height !! The cottage in the distance is Firtree Cottage, the road to South Dalton via Hotham Hall turns right just before the cottage. Though quiet, the song of a yellowhammer made me smile, ' ...a little bit of bread and no cheeeeese..' Huge agricultural machines passed by having done their work in the huge adjacent fields and horse riders came over to us. A lovely day with D'reen very much with me in my thoughts.

The set up.

No comments: