Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 February 2018

Pocklington Canal - first painting.

Oil on canvas 12 x 10 inch
The first painting of the year and, in fact for over a year. Though I have tried some acrylic portrait work this is the first time I have managed to get out and paint 'en plein air' ... and I was a little rusty. The simple mechanics of walking to a spot with the tripod and pochade box, setting up and painting proved a little challenging. ....And it was a cold day. A dull day with low cloud. Behind me the sun tried, occasionally to get through.
I saw this area, near the last lock that is being renovated and thought it might work as a picture. It does not matter really. It was so good to get out and paint. Few people ventured out though a group did appear in the distance, one of whom wore a bright red jacket, so I quickly tried to add them.  Glad to be back.


No comments: