Search This Blog

Monday 31 July 2017

Sunset study, Westwood, Beverley.

Watercolour 22 x 15 inch ( half imperial )
A glorious sunset. Inspired and taken from a brilliant photograph a good friend had sent me, when I mentioned I was trying to capture sunsets. Hope you like it. Yesterday, early, I walked George, our dog, on the Westwood, headed for Black Mill, which is looking as if it has been freshly tarred recently, before exploring further afield. Lots of dog walkers, I recognised some old friends and missed others.
I have tried to reproduce some of the intensity of the power of the sun as it sets. Very soon the setting sun will have moved to the other side of Black Mill, as the days get shorter. So I want to paint when the conditions are good. This week, the forecast says we will have lots of grey cloudy weather with showers, making things difficult.
Best wishes to everyone.

2 comments:

Martin and Kathy said...

Stunning sunset John. Glad to see you are getting some painting done

Unknown said...

It a really superb post. I really like your post.

Crude Oil Tips Free Trial