Search This Blog

Friday 15 July 2016

Wilting Borage in a glass vase.

Oil on canvas 20 x 16 inch, one of pictures in October exhibition.
Please click image to see enlarged version.
With some restrictions forcing us to stay at home I thought I would have a go at painting  flowers in a vase.
So, onto the garden to pick some borage stems, they are prickly to hold, and I placed them in a glass vase. The flower heads were profuse with some flowers were past and some still in flower. It would be a challenge. Well here it is ... the painting is "softer" than the actual image which makes it look like it has too much contrast. Anyway, I am pleased with this first effort. It will benefit from having a good frame possibly.
I hope that SK will like this and we wish here all the best for a speedy recovery.
Also, I think we should dedicate this painting to our friend Michael who has died recently aged 99 years old.

No comments: