Header description


EMAIL

             

Modal Example

 
MORE EXHIBITIONS PLANNED
3 - Herbacious borders in walled gardens, a series of plein air paintings from Castle Howard, Wassand Hall, Sledmere House and Helmsley.
4 - Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire, watercolours and plein air oil.
5 - The Westwood, B E V E R L E Y, a series of plein air paintings, oil and watercolour, featuring Black Mill and Beverley Minster.
PLEASE KEEP CHECKING THIS SITE. See below for details of exhibitions.
Previous exhibitions.
1- 2015 A Year in Burton Bushes. An exhibition showing plein air oil paintings, to be added to in the future with pen and ink and watercolour work.
2 - 2016 Beverley from the south before the Southern Relief Road was constructed. This collection of plein air oil paintings significantly recorded the quiet beauty of the area which contained many fine views of Beverley Minster, views seen since 1220 when the present church was rebuilt.<
COMMISSIONS - contact me here

CHECK OUT MY A3 PRINTS TO FIND THE BLUEBELL PAINTING FROM BEVERLEY'S BURTON BUSHES..


MAKE YOUR OWN MOVING MODELS, FROM DRAGONS TO DOGS - SEE MY AUTOMATA FOR MORE INFORMATION .


                 
 


   
EMAIL

Monday, 2 March 2015

Brantingham village, East Yorkshire.


Just been looking at old work, this was done in 1993 !!!
I am preparing a range of square cards and this will probably be one of them when it is cropped. Thought it might be interesting for you to see, it was when I did lots of pen and ink sketches of East Riding village ponds, and adding a watercolour wash. I used bright white Bristol board A3 paper and Rotring pens and would stand and sketch. It was lovely to see a father with his young son in a bright yellow raincoat examining the edge of the pond, possibly feeding ducks. Anyway I nearly had the picture finished when a loud honking made me aware that I was being charged at, by an angry goose.  In the distance a large black dog, Charles, our lovely Briard walks along near the wall. Hope you like it.
H A P P Y  P A I N T I N G

2 comments:

  1. This will make a wonderful notecard, John. Glad you pointed out the dog. The goose is quite a comical figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to leave a comment, but hasn't worked - maybe this time: Hi there, John. I like this scene very much; it'll make a lovely notecard. Love the comical goose, and I'm glad you pointed out your dog to me. Snow finally melting here, but still piles all over the place. My poor brother-in-law should be pruning his apple orchard, but with all the snow still in the orchard, going up a ladder would be unsafe. Come on, sun!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments here