Header description


EMAIL

             

Modal Example

 
MORE EXHIBITIONS PLANNED
3 - Herbacious borders in walled gardens, a series of plein air paintings from Castle Howard, Wassand Hall, Sledmere House and Helmsley.
4 - Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire, watercolours and plein air oil.
5 - The Westwood, B E V E R L E Y, a series of plein air paintings, oil and watercolour, featuring Black Mill and Beverley Minster.
PLEASE KEEP CHECKING THIS SITE. See below for details of exhibitions.
Previous exhibitions.
1- 2015 A Year in Burton Bushes. An exhibition showing plein air oil paintings, to be added to in the future with pen and ink and watercolour work.
2 - 2016 Beverley from the south before the Southern Relief Road was constructed. This collection of plein air oil paintings significantly recorded the quiet beauty of the area which contained many fine views of Beverley Minster, views seen since 1220 when the present church was rebuilt.<
COMMISSIONS - contact me here

CHECK OUT MY A3 PRINTS TO FIND THE BLUEBELL PAINTING FROM BEVERLEY'S BURTON BUSHES..


MAKE YOUR OWN MOVING MODELS, FROM DRAGONS TO DOGS - SEE MY AUTOMATA FOR MORE INFORMATION .


                 
 


   
EMAIL

Friday, 8 August 2014

Black Mill, Westwood, Beverley, 8th August 2014.

Black Mill, Westwood, Beverley - plein air on board 12 x 10"

£70
The forecast was for heavy showers with the promise for tomorrow that we could see the after effects of hurricane Bertha. In the event the rain held off, though ominous skies kept you glancing up. It was warm and I found myself again looking at the disused mill. In spite of drops of rain I started the painting using the tailgate as a shelter. The rain eased off before returning with a vengence causing me to shut the pochade box and seek shelter in the car. Exciting. I decided to strap myself to the mast and finish it off. Occasionally golfers with their colourful umbrellas passed, some optimistically starting, others realistically finishing early. The rain came down harder and managed to begin to soak me so I stopped and packed up. The pochade box made this easy and quick and I felt rather satisfied that the painting was done in such trying conditions. Just as I packed up I saw paint, in great quantities, covering my cagule arm and also my trousers. I must have touched the paint on the pallette when trying to detail parts of the picture. I am noticing that the swifts are now very few in number. Always a sad realization as it also means summer is passing. They arrived late April and we know they stay for almost 100 days - the screaming skies, now silent, are filled with low flying swallows and house martins. They at least will prolong summer a little longer.
H A P P Y   P A I N T I N G

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Susan, it has been some time since I concentrated on Black Mill. Rather enjoying visiting it again, best wishes, John

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments here