Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Black Mill, Beverley. August 27th 2014

Black Mill, plein air, oil on canvas 12 x 10

Detail 1

Detail 2
Detail 3
Took George for a LONG walk over the Westwood and thought that, as it was a nice day with no wind, I would return and produce another picture of Black Mill. So here it is. The  stunted hawthorn bush gives the picture some foreground interest and the Mill emerging from the bushes to the left is also a less obvious view to paint. The sky was interesting, lovely shade of blue going into fluffy white clouds with darker ones forming above. I spotted the distant wolds and wanted to  include them in the picture. At times, when the sun shone on them, fields of light straw could be made out. While painting, and, when the sun shone, it was rather wonderful to hear the loud sounds of grasshoppers all around me. Golfers in the distance, cows and dog walkers made this session a very pleasant experience.
H A P P Y  P A I N T I N G

No comments: