Search This Blog

Sunday 29 June 2014

Framing .. what to do ?

Well I am still wondering about the best way to present work. Coming from watercolours where I always framed work I am really still adjusting to the world of oils / acrylics. This simple black frame seems to work with this picture ... just. May try a white version next. Having many standard sized ( 12 x 10 ) pochade paintings it is convenient to use pre-produced frames - this frame moulding is deep and will accept both canvas as well as boards which seems a logical way forward. I appreciate that there is really no need for a frame with oil paintings, yet personally, I prefer them. I really like floater frames for canvases though these are expensive to buy. I will plod on experimenting and making my own.
Weather tomorrow may allow a chance to produce another painting - hope so - today was very wet and grim.
H A P P Y   P A I N T I N G
   
Using a black frame for an earlier picture.

No comments: