Well I am still wondering about the best way to present work. Coming from watercolours where I always framed work I am really still adjusting to the world of oils / acrylics. This simple black frame seems to work with this picture ... just. May try a white version next. Having many standard sized ( 12 x 10 ) pochade paintings it is convenient to use pre-produced frames - this frame moulding is deep and will accept both canvas as well as boards which seems a logical way forward. I appreciate that there is really no need for a frame with oil paintings, yet personally, I prefer them. I really like floater frames for canvases though these are expensive to buy. I will plod on experimenting and making my own.
Weather tomorrow may allow a chance to produce another painting - hope so - today was very wet and grim.
H A P P Y P A I N T I N G
Image JG with links
- Large A2 PRINTS
- Wassand Hall walled garden plus other views.
- Castle Howard, various views including walled gard...
- Beverley Minster, inside, print
- Minster views
- Old links to automata.
- Some cartoons
- Cards index.
- Exhibition 2016 Cataloge
- Exhibition - May 2016.
- 2015 Exhibition, Burton Bushes Wood, catalogue
- 2015 Exhibition, Video tour of Burton Bushes Wood
- Dementia - an impression
- Make a tall rocket from A4 printed sheets
- 2018 Calendar