Search This Blog

Saturday 31 May 2014

St. Mary's, Beverley, open day.

Pencil sketch of the east window A4 


Suggestion of colour added
Today was St. Mary's, Beverley, open day and I had forgotten about it. 
I had wanted to do a sketch from the roof looking over to Beverley Minster.
However when in town I saw that the event was taking place and so I rushed home for my sketchpad. I returned for the 1pm tower tour...... 1 minute late..... the tower door was closed, so I wandered round and decided to attempt this picture. It is nowhere near complete of course, a necessity  as time was limited. Sometimes, especially with such a detailed picture one should not try to include too many features as it can appear too busy. I have included the pencil outline for you to print off and colour in for yourselves. I want to start plein air painting again soon especially as George ( our Briard ) is now able to go out into the big world.
H a p p y  s k e t c h i n g

No comments: