Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Beverley Minster from Minster Plant Centre, Long Lane, Beverley.

Plein air oil on canvas board 50 x 40 cm
Prints available see here,
This has been done for a friend and ex colleague who requested a view from the south looking towards Beverley. Access to Long Lane is hampered due to roadworks at present and the view I had hoped to do was not suitable. This view was done from the Minster Plant Centre with access by kind permission of the owner. What a wonderful view. At this time as leaves fall from the trees we see more of the Minster. The oak tree to the right was still hanging on to it's leaves but I guess they will drop soon. It was sunny yet bitterly cold and so I had to add fine detail at home as I could hardly feel my fingers. Even packing up the easel was a challenge. 
H A P P Y  P A I N T I N G.

No comments: