Search This Blog

Monday 15 July 2013

The Westwood, Beverley looking towards the town.

Oil on 20x16 canvas - plein air painting, early evening.
So, I was walking our dog over the Westwood and saw this view and decided to go back to try and paint it. The sun was really hot and in the morning and I heard the lovely sound of grasshoppers ( crickets ) making their whirring sound. Passing by I would see them jump and fly away as we disturbed them. Low flying swifts passed back and forth over the newly harvested grass - hunting .... grasshoppers maybe? In the evening I was serenaded with a wonderful song and looked around to see a goldfinch just above me on a low branch. I wanted to include the two cows - rather abstractly put on, as they munched their way past me.
H A P P Y  P A I N T I N G

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A very tranquil scene, subdued colors. The cows are a perfect addition.

John Geekie said...

Thanks for your feedback Susan. as always, much valued.